The kitchen is considered the “heart” of the home. It is where family and friends gather to share meals, celebrate special occasions, do homework and craft projects and pay household bills. It’s the center of our families’ daily activities, so careful planning is critical when remodeling this space.
There are many factors to consider when planning a kitchen remodel:
1. How long do you plan to live in your home? – this should be a factor to consider. If you only plan on living in the home for a few years, is it worth it to create your dream kitchen at a large cost with less return on investment? If you plan on staying in the home for a long time, then personalizing your kitchen to your exact specifications at a larger investment makes more sense. Resale value is something to consider..
2. Style – Do you want formal or informal? Modern, classic or rustic? Open shelving or closed doors?
3. Budget – This is where you determine the amount of money that can be spent on a project. Prioritize your wish list into essentials and non-essentials. For instance, if granite countertops are a priority, you might have to spend less on something else.
4. Layout – Everyone has their own pattern of moving around the kitchen. This needs to be considered for placement of appliances and cabinetry.
5. Materials: Cabinets, countertops, flooring, lighting, appliances, fixtures. There is an almost infinite number of products available in each of these areas to fit your budget.
Whether you want to “freshen up” your existing kitchen or do a full scale demolition and remodel, we will help you to navigate through all of the choices available to create the kitchen of your dreams at a price you can afford.